Industrial deafness does not necessarily mean you are deaf. You may, however, suffer symptoms of hearing damage such as:
- Having to turn the television or radio up very loud
- Having difficulty following conversations
- Mishearing people when there is a little background noise
- Constantly asking people to repeat themselves
- Buzzing or ringing in your ears (tinnitus)
You may have thought that these symptoms were due to getting older, however if you were exposed to a noisy environment at work after 1963 for more than 3 years, then our industrial deafness solicitors can help you to claim compensation.
Some lines of work are more susceptible to causing industrial deafness. Often it is attributed to working with machinery in a factory but could also be through exposure to loud music, construction noise on a building site, or loud vehicle engines.
You do not have to be suffering from total hearing loss in order to claim; a successful claim for slight intermittent hearing loss or tinnitus caused by a noisy environment at work could be worth thousands of pounds in industrial deafness compensation.
If you think you might be the victim of industrial deafness, contact us today for a free initial consultation.